Ack, well another winning streak is definitely NOT going to be started tonight. So this time around good baseball lasted for, um, about 7 days. So yeah, that is like the longest in a very longgggg time.
My dad really bugged me tonight. He told me that the Sox had been eliminated. I, of course, knew that this was not the case having just read a discussion on this matter at WSI yesterday. I told him that the Twins have not clinched yet but will probably do that in about two weeks at the earliest as their magic number I knew was around 10. He then proceeds to teach me how to figure the magic number (it was 10). I told him that was what I had already told him. he still kept saying that the Sox were eliminated. I said, "I know!!! But they have not been mathematically officially eliminated." He agreed with me but then went on to imply that I thought the Sox were still in this thing! OMG, it was so embaressing to be accused of such a Cub-like thought. I was very humiliated even though I had never meant anything like that at all. That just shows how much my father doesn't know me. Oh my gosh, if he only knew what a diehard I am.
Since I am in the mood for writing I am going to tell you about how people who think Red Sox fans have it tough are very naive. They blab about curses and not having won a World Series since 1918. The White Sox have not won a Series since 1917. Now, I am by no means bragging about this believe me. You may see many similarities here but this is the difference: the Red Sox compete almost every year. They are almost always a contender. If the Yankees didn't exist...well, you get the idea. Now my Sox, on the other hand, are never a contender, and I mean a REAL contender. Sure, it always looks like they have a chance (especially since the Central is so weak) but I'm beginning to think that people always think the Sox are better than they really are because they are soooooo much better than the sCrUBS. Anyway, back to never winning...a big problem (and I mean HUGE) is the owner. (The general manager and manager and coaching staff are also big problems but that's always going to be the case with this owner here so it must start at the top.) We need a new owner!!!! A owner who wants to win!!! I think we've all pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that this team will never win anything of importance until there is a new owner.


<< Home