3.25.2003

I suppose you are all waiting on edge to find out how the ball was the other night. It was nice, it was okay, but it wasn't great. I mean, if we're invited again next year I'll go (any excuse to go dress shopping, right?), but it's not like it was the most exciting event of my life. In fact, far from it. I was very disappointed in my parents, especially my dad. I was told over and over that I'd see famous people and I saw not a one. I didn't even see the mayor, though I did hear he was there. Other than him I heard that someone from Channel 7 and someone else from one of the radio stations were there....Yeah, real high up there in the celebrity department, aren't we?

The food was okay. Not as great as I had envisioned it. I actually didn't eat much. It all looked nice, it just...didn't do it for me. LOL

The ball itself aside, the museum was a lot of fun. I feel ridiculous that I have lived in Chicago all my life, yet have never seen many of our museums. The Museum of Science and Industry was one of those until Saturday. They opened the coal mine about two hours before the ball was over so we went down in it. It was quite interesting and I highly recommend it to you if you're ever in the area. I saw a couple of the other exhibits, but nothing else overly exciting. They have a submarine and a jet too, but those weren't open. My mom and I have made minor plans to take a mini-vacation downtown this summer. So many things to see! Definitely putting this museum on that list.

So I think that's about it for the ball recap. :-) When I get pictures I will post them in my album.

A nice warm welcome to April! She has just joined the blogging community. :-) (Aha! We have just gotten another one! Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!)

The past couple of days have been somewhat stressful. Yesterday my parents got in a fight and so they have been sulking since. This is driving me crazy...hopefully it blows over soon.

Speaking of driving me crazy, will the people who keep saying that the Sox have bad chemistry and also that they are bad-mouthing the Twins please step up so I can knock you down? Billy Koch is the only Sox this year who has said anything less than respectful of the Twins. The Twins are STILL living off quotes made by Sox players a year ago who haven't been on the team in MONTHS. Meanwhile, there seems to be a double standard here, but that is fine. The Twins have already supplied enough bulletin board material to last the whole season.

And the whole chemistry thing...I have always belived that chemistry is important, but I'm starting to lean towards the "chemistry is overrated" camp. But that aside, we have one player who sometimes messes up and says the wrong thing (or HAS THE WORDS TWISTED by the media) and we suddenly have bad chemistry? Give me a break.

Now on to more cheerful thoughts. Spring break has been just lovely so far (weather-wise anyway). Today it was in the upper-70s F. I spent three hours outside reading (Return to Harmony by Janette Oke and T. Davis Bunn...very good), sleeping (kind of), and listening to the Sox game on the radio. I was so excited when I found out the game was on the radio. It was a perfect day for a baseball game on the radio. LOL

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the store bright and early to get Celine's new album One Heart. Then tomorrow afternoon I'm going to hang out with my good friend, Pam. I'm bringing my dress (from the ball) along for her to see. After all, I do owe my appreciation of dresses to her. I've never seen anyone get so excited over the word "dresses" as she does. :-)

I think I've pretty much covered everything, haven't I?

Later...

|