5.05.2005

So Much For Going To Bed Early

I can't remember the last time I went to bed before 12:30. Oh well.

I'm in the mood to go buy DVDs. It's been a while since I bought anything. As soon as my federal income tax refund check comes I get to make my big trip to Best Buy. Pride & Prejudice, The Importance of Being Earnest, and anything else that randomly looks good. I am going on a movie shopping spree! *rubs hands together in glee* Though I probably should make sure I set some aside Steele, Lost, and Veronica.

To close the night out here are some random favorite quotes~

From The Importance of Being Earnest

Jack: Good heavens, I suppose a man may eat his own muffins in his own garden.
Algy: But you have just said it was perfectly heartless to eat muffins!
Jack: I said it was perfectly heartless of YOU under the circumstances. That is a very different thing.
Algy: That may be, but the muffins are the same!

From Lost

Charlie: You guys are done verbally copulating, we should get a move on. There's a whole beach of people waiting for us to get some drinking water for them, and the great white hunter's getting restless.
Jack: Okay, let's do this.
Kate: Hey Charlie, ask Jack about his tattoos.
Charlie: [sarcastic] Oh, you guys have an inside joke. How absolutely wonderful for you both.

From Veronica Mars

Sheriff Don Lamb: [reading off of $100 bill] Veronica Mars is... smarter than me...
Veronica Mars: Oh, you stop it!

One more because that one was really short:

Logan Echolls: Do you even know how to play poker?
Veronica Mars: No, but it must be really hard if all you guys play.

From Pride & Prejudice

Miss Bingley: I believe I can guess your thoughts at this moment.
Mr. Darcy: I should imagine not.
Miss Bingley: You are thinking how insupportable it would be to spend many evenings in such tedious company.
Mr. Darcy: No, indeed, my mind was more agreeably engaged. I've been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes and the face of a pretty woman can bestow.
Miss Bingley: And may one dare ask whose are the eyes that inspire these reflections?
Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth Bennet's.
Miss Bingley: Miss Elizabeth Bennet. I am all astonishment.

From The Princess Bride

Inigo Montoya: I donna suppose you could espeed things up?
Westley: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only only waiting around to kill you.
Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship.

~

Ahh, I could go on all night, but I think I would be the only person to find that amusing. Never mind the fact that I need to save some quotes for another time. *g*

Later...

|