4.26.2005

Don't Pinch Me

'Cause if this is a dream I don't wanna wake up.

The Sox won their 8th straight game tonight. Their record is now 16-4. Jon Garland pitched a complete game shutout. I got home from work in time to see about half of the game. It was so much fun to watch.

I know they will eventually have a little losing streak. Every team does. But hopefully whenever that happens they keep it to a just a couple of games. In the meantime I am going to enjoy this while it lasts, crossing my fingers that it lasts a lot longer than it ever has before. When you are a fan of this team the only thing you take for granted is that you are probably going to be disappointed. But the 2005 edition feels a lot different, at least through the first 20 games. They have won many games that they shouldn't have won. Even on their off days they've kept themselves in the game, managing to eventually get that one hit to put them in the lead.

Another thing is that they are actually playing the way they said they would. They're stealing bases and the pitching is so much better. Yes, there have been plenty of home runs, but it is different then last year because you don't feel like everyone is sitting around waiting for it to happen. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Home runs in and of themselves aren't bad. The reason I always hated them was because that's all they had and you can't win on home runs alone. This year they have so much more.

I get to go to my first game on Saturday. Now hopefully it doesn't rain.

Later...

|