4.17.2005

My Weakness is Buying Books

I had such a full day yesterday. I went to the library yesterday morning because I had The Serpent on the Crown on hold. For lunch my mom and I went to IKEA. Then in the afternoon we went to some used book sales at libraries in neighboring towns. At the first place we went I bought 9 books for $4.50. Mostly Elizabeth Peters books, some I've read and some I haven't. They're still in the bag on my floor because I've nowhere to put them. My shelves are so full. Then at the second library we went to I only bought one book, but it was quite a find. It was a cellophane edition of Mysterious Visitor. It is in literally perfect condition. I think it must have spent the last 50 years sitting on someone's bookshelf. It doesn't look like it's ever been read...and it was only $3!! So that made me really happy. It's only the second cello in my collection. The other one is Marshland and it's pretty beat up.

Later...

|