9.12.2002

More September 11th thoughts...these are the ones I posted on the TBMB:

I remember one year ago today well. I am homeschooled and I had just sat down with my mom to do my math lesson when my dad started yelling from the other room to turn on the tv. I had no idea what was going on. We got it on and then just sat there in numb silence for a few hours. We tried to do math and everything but eventually gave it up for the day. At first I thought it was some nut who thought this was a good joke and I didn't realize how serious this whole thing was but by the time the buildings collapsed I realized that this was something that wasn't going to be forgotten in just a few days.

My grandparents were in town that week...they were only supposed to be here for a few days but were, of course, stuck here for about a week. I was so thankful that they were here with me. They travel quite a bit.

Since then I do my best to make sure I say "I love you" and tell people that I care about them. I try to make sure that no disagreement or fight lasts long. What if I never got to tell them "I'm sorry"? So I always make sure I do now.


Ok, about the service I went to last night~ I thought that they did a very nice job with it. It was an inter-faith service. They had readings and *reflections* and music. It was very nice and I was glad I went. My favorite part was, however, by far at the end when everyone sang "America The Beautiful". Everyone sang it. It was wonderful.

On to other subjects (I know you guys have been waiting for this one, lol.)...The Sox won today! No Paulie though. :-( I'm afraid we'll be seeing less of him now that he has number 100. Stupid sore left foot. :-P Also, that so called *official* website of the Sox really, really needs to be updated. I keep finding out that people are married who I had no idea were married because that website says they are single (see Crede, Wright, and Johnson). I have this horrible fear that PK is going to up and marry The Mysterious Blond and none of us will know. Oh well, those of us at the PK Group do a pretty good job of keeping each other up to date.

Well, I was supposed to get off of here ten minutes ago so I better go.

|