12.05.2002

Glavine heads north to join Mets

If I get this upset about someone who's not even on my team how am I going to feel in a couple of years when all my favorites are leaving the Sox? Because, believe me, they will be leaving. I would too if I was a part of that organization. But back to Glavine...I actually felt really sad when I saw that headline. For the past few months I've been curious about how I would feel. There have been favorite players in the past that have departed, but never anyone that was like a FAVORITE. Oh well...that's life, I suppose. But the Mets!!! Ahhhhh

So I'm sure you all have been wondering why I had not given my two cents on the Sox-A's trade the other day. () I think that Koch is good, but what is wrong with Keith? They are both very good closers. Why did we trade for a closer? We already had a perfectly good one. Maybe a trade for something we need would be nice (centerfielder, catcher, pitcher...). It makes no sense. Of course, has Kenny Williams ever made a trade that made sense? He either gets something we don't need or he gives up too much for something we do need that ends up turning into a flop. So yes, I'm sad to see Foulke leave, but I think Koch will be fine. I'm pretty much neutral on this trade for now. (I still don't think it makes sense, however.)

|