I went to the holiday exhibition where my sisters skate tonight. I hadn't been there in such a long time. It was really kind of strange. Anyway, I did have a nice time. I was glad I got to see them skate. I have to say, though, that I find the team skating so much more interesting than the solos.
One of my uncles (on my mom's side) is in town for, um, maybe a week? Anyway, he's staying with my grandma and he got in this afternoon. We told them about the exhibition and they said they'd come, but they didn't know if they would stay the whole time because they were worried about when they would eat dinner. Sheesh. I mean, no one in my family is in a situation where we need to worry about where our next meal is coming from. But for some reason, the two of them are always so careful to make sure they don't miss a meal. So careful that they will pass up an opputunity to see my sisters skate. Actually, I do not have a problem with them not wanting to stay the whole time. (It was three hours long, after all.) I mean, I wish they would have, but I can understand why you might not want to. What really pissed me off was that they never even said hello. I haven't seen my uncle yet! I saw my grandma briefly in the lobby. I had gone out to get a drink of water and my grandma was out there looking for the sheet with the running order. She asked me where I was sitting; I told her I was with my dad, and that was that. She and my uncle didn't come over to say hello or goodbye. My grandma is from South Carolina and I'm always hearing about how friendly everyone there is. I don't doubt that for a minute because my mom experienced it first hand. However, that southern friendly gene was not passed on to my grandma and her youngest son,lol.
Okay, I think I'm done venting now,lol.
I still can't believe that I am on winter break now. It just doesn't seem right. Should still be farther away. Oh, that reminds me...I need to go see if Hello Dolly is on the shelf at my library. I want to check it out so I can watch it on Monday maybe.
Christina and Sara are still up too. This is so fun. They are watching a movie. Usually they are not up this time of night. Or at least Sara isn't anyway. It is starting to feel a bit like break. ;-)
Later...


<< Home