I am so aggravated at my grandma's computer. While I was using it Friday I wrote out this whole long blog. I was really in a blogging mood, so I was writing about anything and everything. So I finally finish (only because it was time to go home) and I hit "post and publish" and the windows close up on me! I had a feeling that it had not posted, and when I checked when I got home of course it hadn't. :( Oh well.
Well, the Sox sold the naming right to the park. I'm glad. I could really care less what they call the place if it gets me a home run porch and other cool things. I won't be calling it U.S. Cellular Field though. That's too weird. I'll probably still call it Comiskey. Either that or The Cell. Although, hopefully it will be the opposition calling it The Cell and not us.
The Sox signed Koch to a two year deal. They have apparently decided to try this new thing called winning, also know as: giving the fans what they want. I keep trying to find the catch in all these good things that they have been doing this offseason. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. The optimist in me says that maybe JR has finally decided to listen to the fans. However, the pessimist says that this is just a one time thing, that JR is only doing this because he is going to have all his friends over for the All Star Game, so he wants to look good for that. This is the one I tend to believe, and it is what I am going to believe until proven otherwise. I would love to have to eat my words if the Sox make good offseason moves again next year. However, the history of this team is too deep for a few new pitchers to override it. So, until it's proven otherwise, this is a one time thing.
Today is the last day of Sox Fest. Man, I wish I was there. I will go in a few years. I'll go on all three days, and get the hotel package. :-) That would be so fun! I'd have to spend the whole month before reviewing the Sox history though, and make sure I see plenty of pictures especially. It would be so embarressing to be in the elevator with a Sox great and not know it! There are disadvantages to not being 50 years old. LOL
I have good news to report about chemistry. I got a B- on my second quarter exam!!! Thanks to all of you who were pulling for me. I raised my grade in this class so much. It was just so weird before to have such a low grade when I was used to having mostly A's with one or two B's. I'm glad chemistry fits into that now. I know I mentioned that my mom and I were looking for a new chemistry book, but we really couldn't find anything better. In fact, most of them looked worse, if you can believe that. So, I think I am going to stick it out the rest of the year with this book. I feel more confident now that I know I can at least get a B. Pray for me that physics next year isn't this bad, though from what I've heard from Pam doesn't make me hold my breath! LOL
Last Wednesday my copy of The Corrs Video Collection DVD came. I watched it that afternoon. It was fun, especially since I had never seen most of them. I think my favorite is the What Can I Do? video. Although, I'm not sure if it's the video I like or Andrea's hair in it. Personally, I have always thought that Andrea was prettier then than she is now. She is still pretty, but not the same kind of pretty. Okay, I'll shut up now before I offend some die hard Andrea fan!
Well, I have to go do some other things now. I may check in later.


<< Home