4.30.2003

I saw this in several blogs:

You just put down the first thing that comes to mind and it can be more than one word.

1. Slob: messy
2. 60: minutes
3. Personals: people
4. Famous: people
5. Cancer: scary
6. Internet: friends
7. Previously: married
8. Moonshine: stars
9. Ants: picnic
10. Check: to make sure you have everything

I'm not feeling too good. The weather here is very dreary, and I feel like I'm getting sick. Part of the reason I feel so lousy is probably because of the weather. When the sun doesn't come out I usually have very slow days like this. I still have all of my homework to do. I wish school would just end. I'm so sick of it. Only a month more to go, thank goodness, and then my fun, but very busy, summer will be upon me.

I went shopping today at Kohl's. My grandma was able to get 15% off since she's a senior citizen, plus there was a lot of stuff already on sale, so I got some really good deals. I got a pair of shorts and three shirts all for only $42. I saved about $10 on the shorts alone.

The Sox are such an up-and-down team. They win one and you feel great about them, then they lose the next day and you're shaking your head again. Then again, perhaps it is just the nature of Sox fans to be unsatisfied with anything except perfection.

School doesn't end for another month for me, but I know some colleges get out very soon, in the next week or two, so I need to get some job applications turned in before it's too late. I'm going to pick up an application at Hallmark tomorrow. Pam said that she doesn't think she'd like to work there because it'd be too boring, but I was thinking that that might be a good place for someone like to me to work her first job. It's not going to be too busy, so not that stressing most of the time. Plus, their stores are usually pretty neat, in terms of being orgainized. The fabric store here that my mom goes to is one place I could never, under any circumstances, work at. That place is always a mess. Everything is disoranized and laying around. Behind the counter is filthy with papers and who knows what else just sitting there. I can't even stand to be in that place! Not to mention all of the employees are not very costumer friendly. They need more lessons in costumer service or something!

I'm looking forward to June, though I don't know when I am going to be able to stop to take a breath! I don't really have much written in stone yet, but I have a lot of tenitive plans that are probably going to happen. And add to those the fact that somewhere in all this I'm supposed to work and take driver's ed. It's going to be crazy, but I'm happy it's happening. I haven't had an overcrowded summer since I was ten years old. I've had enough summers where I felt like I did nothing. I'm ready to be busy again. When someone asks me, "What did you do today?" I want to have an answer besides "nothing!"

I need to go start the pasta that goes with dinner tonight. Mom will be home in half an hour, and the Sox game starts then, so I'm off. Have a great evening everyone.

Later...

|