12.10.2003

As seen in Mary's blog: Brain Quiz

Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 47%
Visual : 52%
Left : 40%
Right : 60%


Stephanie, you are moderately right-hemisphere dominant and have even preferences between auditory and visual processing, traits that might make people perceive you as "slightly off balance."

*giggle* I always wanted to be "slightly off balence." That's why I spent all of last summer watching a ton of movies and memorizing them so I could quote at odd times and have people look at me strangely. *g*

You are most likely to be slightly disorganized, a "dreamer" and a person who focuses more on the end result than the immediate task at hand. You are creative and spontaneous if somewhat lacking in direction and focus. You are a learner who is generally patient and a person for whom time is an ally, not an enemy.

This is the paragraph I have some issues with. The first sentence is ok...I think I am pretty organized, but that's probably because I have an organized mess that would not make sense to anyone but myself. Please disregard the second sentence! That is NOT me. I am not creative. I am definitely not spontaneous. Ask anyone who has known me for a while and they'll tell you that I am probably the most un-spontaneous you can be. On the rare occasion when I am spontaneous I usually end up regretting what I did. As for lacking in direction and focus, like everyone, I have my moments, but overall I am a person that usually has a pretty clear idea what I am doing/going to do...sometimes too clear of an idea. The third sentence is true.

You are more passionate than most people with regard to life and learning and recognize your own intuitive abilities. You have sufficient goal-direction to satisfy yourself and guarantee success without being or feeling driven. You are willing to be reflective about yourself and others without getting lost in rumination.

That first sentence is so true. I am very passionate about the value and gift of life, and I also believe that as far as learning goes there are oppurtunities all around and, if they are given to you, you should take them. The second sentence is something I never really thought about before and, now that I do, I think it's true. The third sentence is correct.

The balance of your sensory modes allows for both learning and expressive capabilities achieved by few. You are active and "seeing" while retaining an equally strong propensity for being reflective which slows you down a little but allows for a more comprehensive perception and analysis of situations and problems. You do not spend excessive time analyzing since you mostly trust your perceptions.

This is another paragraph that is so right. I was a bit surprised at the results above which stated that I am slightly a more visual and right-brained person. From what little I knew about all this right- and left-brain stuff it seemed obvious to me that I was pretty left-brain oriented. However, there may be a little hope left for me yet. *g* The part where it says being reflective will probably slow me down a bit is so right I laughed out loud the first time I read it. Do you know how many times I'll be thinking something out and realize everyone else has moved on to something else? It's a but frustrating at times, but it's me. The last sentence is correct also. Unless we are analyzing something stupid and meaningless (like baseball, books, movies, etc) then I usually don't spend too much time debating and analyzing. In fact, even when it comes to those things (books, movies, etc) I don't usually participate that much myself. I love watching (or reading) other people debate, but I hate doing it myself. I think part of it is that I don't like to be involved in controversy, but I know a lot of it is that I am too lazy. Analyzing usually involves research and I hate research. I've gotten way off topic....

In all likelihood, you have a tendency to overcommit and cannot under- stand why others get upset since you operate on a different "time table" than they do. Your organizational abilities are frequently overwhelmed by the stimulation seeking and active nature of your mind as well as by the tendency to create new categories and gloss over details, making categorization and classification almost impossible at times.

The first sentence of this paragraph is another I laughed at because of how true it is. I'm also laughing at the "create new catagories" bit. I went through my computer one day and made up all these folders for different things. It was supposed to make things easier to find, but now I can't remember under which catagory some things were placed. You guys are going to laugh at this one: I have a Word document where I record the titles of every single Trixie fic I read. I also have a section where I have every single author I have read listed with the number of stories by that author I've read. Then (I'm not done yet *g*), I have a section where I list the top ten authors in terms of who I've read the most stories from. Leigh, you have a very nice lead over everyone else because I've read over 40 of your stories. *g* Getting off topic again....

To the extent that your career path allows for creativity and abstraction as well as a bit of disorganization, you should find yourself equipped to handle any learning that is required. Your own personal adjustment to your style should come naturally although you are likely to feel frus- trated by your own limited discipline and often wonder "Why?"

I think I would probably wonder "why?" anyway...doesn't everyone at some point or another. *g*

I've spent way too long analyzing this (after I just got done earlier saying I don't analyze. heh. BUT, I did point out that I do it for stupid stuff) so I need to go now.

Later...

|