*Warning* In this entry I will be talking about Return of the King and there may or may not be spoilers. I have no idea yet what I will write, so if you don't want to know anything read with caution or don't read at all.
Blogger is so confusing. I've been trying to publish for several days, but it wouldn't let me. Well, actually it was, but none of the updates were showing up even though it said they were there. So I was just trying to figure out the problem and suddenly everything is there. Oh well...I'm counting my blessings. I haven't had nearly as bad of experiences with blogger as some people have had, but I'm sure my time will come.
Well yesterday, or I suppose I should say two days ago, was the big day. Return of the King was everything I was expecting it to be. Of course there were some things cut from the book that I would have liked to have been in it, but since I knew well in advance they they would not be in it I was not disappointed. Go see this movie! If you've already seen it, go again. I'm going to. *g* I don't know when though.... My schedule is so cramped. Well, it's not really, but it's rather difficult to "fit in" a three and a half hour long movie. Hopefully over break the theatre has some show times early in the day. Anything starting after 2 pm I won't be able to go to if I have to work. My sister and I are kind of thinking about trying for it tomorrow night after her skating exhibition, but a Friday night show is bound to be sold out by the time we get there, if we even make it in time.
I did hear and read a bit of complaining about the so-called "false endings." Having read the book, I probably would have been disappointed if the many endings weren't in there as that is exactly the same way Tolkien did it. I honestly don't see how Peter Jackson could have done it any other way. You have to wrap everything up. In fact, there is one more ending I would have put in there: Legolas building his ship and then sailing with Gimli to the Undying Lands. In the movie, there really wasn't any closure to their friendship so seeing that would have been nice.
I loved the soundtrack! I know it's been out for a few weeks, but I had not heard it yet. Viggo Mortensen and Billy Boyd both have great singing voices, and Billy's song was very overpowering.
Tomorrow is the last day of school before break. I have the night off from work so I'm going to see my sisters skate. I'll probably end up NOT going to ROTK, but I'm sure I will end up watching something tomorrow night. Then Sunday is my big day, with my uncle in town, my grandma's birthday party, and then my sister's and my party that night. I think we have about 8 people coming to stay all night and watch Pirates with us. Should be fun, but I'll have to try to contain myself. My sister and I have so many inside jokes. I'll never forget the 6th time we went to the movie in theatres. We were laughing all through this one bit that, on the surface, was so not funny, but we have this huge inside joke about it. I'm sure everyone in the theatre was wondering what in the world we were laughing at. Then we finally got control of ourselves and were unable to laugh at anything else the rest of the show. Extremely annoying, that was.
Oh! I just remembered something I want to blog about. So I was browsing around message boards to see what everyone though of the movie. One thing I kept seeing over and over was the complaint about the other people in the theatre. Much of this anger was directed towards teens. I cannot deny that some teens can be extremely annoying in movie theatres, but here's my problem: I am a teen! But I'm not like that, my sister isn't like that, and most of my friends aren't like that. I hate stereotyping. I'll never forget my first "real" experience, as I think of it. It was last summer. My sister and I were going to Pirates for the third time. We walk in there. There is no one else there except a guy and his son (I'm assuming he was his son anyway) who was probably...9 or 10 years old. Anyway, my sister and I pass them as we walked to our usual seats and I overhear him loudly whispering to his son that "they much be Orlando Bloom fans." It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to turn around and yell at him, and I'm not one to make a scene like that anyway. But I felt so stereotyped. I have never truly felt that way before and it was a horrible feeling. Am I an Orlando Bloom fan? Yes! But I try very hard to distance myself from all that fan girl stuff because those people are weird! What that guy didn't know was that I would have been at that movie whether Orlando was in it or not. He wasn't even my favorite character in the movie! It was just a horrible feeling to feel stereotyped like that. I've also discovered how hard it is to be a true fan of someone who has all these "fan girls." I think Orlando is a talented actor with great potential. It may have been his appearence that first made me look (I can't help it that I'm attracted to guys with longish dark curly hair), but once I started to find out more about him and actually see him act, my respect goes much deeper than the length of his hair, you know? I am actually kind of nervous about posting this because I don't want to be labeled again. When people hear the name "Orlando Bloom" they get this picture in their heads of teenage girls drooling over him and I hate that. But I've kind of had this blog in my head for a while so I'm gonna go for it. Hopefully those of you reading this who really know me will understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not sure I expressed it very well. As for everyone else, I guess it really doesn't matter to me what you think because I don't know you.
It's really late and I have one last day of school coming up.
Later...


<< Home