6.11.2005

I'm Home!

No doubt you have figured out by now that I did not take my computer with me. I decided I didn't want to have to carry another bag with me.

The trip was fun, but I am so tired now. Luckily I don't have to go back to work until Monday so I have tomorrow to relax.

Here's a quick outline of the trip.

Saturday: Leave in the afternoon. Stay in hotel in Ohio for the night.

Sunday: Go to church. Make a slight detour into Pittsburgh to watch the Braves and Pirates at PNC Park. Yay! I can cross another ballpark off my list of places to go. It was a nice ballpark, but I felt similar to how I feel when I go to Milwaukee. It's just not the same when your team isn't playing. Arrived at our hotel in Woodbridge, VA that night.

Monday: Get a late start, but still manage to find parking garage our mini van will fit in. We crammed so much in that day that I can't remember the order, but we saw or did all of the following: Air and Space Museum, Natural History Museum, Library of Congress, Supreme Court Building, National Archives. We didn't get to go into the Supreme Court though because something was going on that day. We also walked by the Capitol, but all tickets for the day had already been given out.

Tuesday: Mount Vernon followed by Arlinton Cemetery. I really enjoyed seeing Mount Vernon and the grounds are beautiful.

Wednesday: Back into D.C. again. Got a much earlier start so were able to get Capitol tickets. Can't enter there until 1:10 pm so we go to American History Museum for a while. Then walk back to Capitol. After that went back to American History Museum. Then walked around to the front of the White House and took pictures through the gate. After that we walked past the Washington, World War II, Lincoln, Vietnam, and Korean memorials in that order. Got close enough to Jefferson to take a couple of pictures, but decided to actually walk there was too much for our poor tired feet.

Thursday: Sleep in. Quite exhausted from the day before. Drive to RFK Stadium to get game tickets for that night. Then go to Old Town Alexandria and walk around there for a couple of hours. After that we headed back to the ballpark for a 7 o'clock start. After a slight rain delay the game started. It was a lot of fun, and another ballpark gets checked off my list.

Friday: We get an early start because we decide to make rather a large detour so that we could visit Monticello. Well worth it. I love it there. Get in late to that same Ohio hotel.

Saturday: Leave mid-morning. Arrive home early evening.

As you can see, it was a very full, exhausting, but well worth it trip!

Later...

|