So Little Time
Having Tuesday off from work instead of today has just got me completely messed up. I keep thinking today is Friday.
This dinner thing I'm supposed to be going to on Sunday is just not going to work. My dad thinks we might be able to make it so he wants to play it by ear. I just don't see it happening though.
Basically what it is is this: my grandparents are going to be in town this weekend. I believe they are actually getting here tomorrow. But instead of trying to work out something at a different time they want to do dinner in Chicago Sunday night. And evem though we have said that we probably can't make it everyone keeps acting like we're gonna be there. Please don't get me wrong, I love my grandparents a lot. I WANT to see them, but I'm trying to be realistic and I also know how I feel after going to a Sox-Cubs game. You're hot, sweaty, sun-burned, not to mention feeling very emotional. The last thing you want to do is sit in some dark restaurant. Plus, there is absolutely no way we can get to the restaurant in time for the reservation even if it is a fast game. And that's just my dad and me. One sister of mine is going to be in another part of Chicago for some kind of library convention. She's going down and coming back on the train with a group. My other two sisters and my mom also have commitments. All of these things that each of us are doing are things we've known about for months so it's not like we just planned them either.
I don't know. We'll see what happens. I just hope that if I end up having to go I don't have a migraine, as I usually do after sitting in near-100 degree heat.
Later...


<< Home