A Word From The (Now) Wise
Don't go reading people's blogs when you're tired and should be sleeping 'cause you'll end up finding out you've been tagged. *g*
Susan tagged me so here I go...
How Many Books Do You Own?
It's been a while since I counted and I am way too tired to do that right now. Plus, that would involve pulling out the bins from under my bed where I put all my Nancy Drews when I ran out of room for more important books on my shelves.
I know it's over 300. It could be close to 500 by now. I really don't know.
What is the Last Book You Bought?
The last book I bought was Blinking Eye.
What is the Last Book You Read?
Die Laughing by Carola Dunn. It's part of a series I've been reading over the past few months. I thought this was one of the best in the series.
Name five books that mean a lot to you.
Anne of Green Gables - Without a doubt this is number one. I still swear I would not be a reader today if it were not for this book. I first read it when I was 9 years old. I'd read a handful of books before then, but I wasn't really "into" reading. After I read Anne, well, let's just say I haven't looked back since. :) No other book has impacted my life in the same way.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - When I read this book for the first time last fall, it was the first time in my many years of reading that I got so into a story that I felt like I was a part of it. It was scary. I got so wrapped up into it I couldn't focus on anything else. Luckily, I only took two days to read it. If it had been longer I'm not sure what would have happened to me.
Little Women - Okay, don't throw tomatoes at me, but I'm really not a big Alcott fan. However, when I read this book at the age of 10 it was not only the longest book I'd read up until that point, but also the first one that ever made me cry.
Trixie Belden and the Pet Show Mystery - I know, it seems laughable that this book has made this list. It's not anywhere near being on my favorite Trixies list, but it ended up making a huge impact on my life. See, it was the first Trixie I ever read, and for all its faults, there must have been something in it that made me want to read more. If I'd never read Pet Show I probably would have never looked for any other Trixies, never would have searched online, and wouldn't have several good friends in my life today.
I know I was supposed to list 5, but I'm going to cheat and say that since I'm only 18 I haven't found that fifth one yet. I'm sure I will eventually.
I don't think anyone has tagged April or Grey yet so you're it! (My apologies if I missed your entries.) Sherina, you're also it!
Later...


<< Home