Ok, I believe it is official. The D-Backs won the west and the Giants took the wild card. So the playoff teams are set.
Now when I was cutting the grass today I basically wrote out in my head my whole blog for tonight and now I can't remember any of it. I hate this! This is pretty much what happens to me every week (and sometimes everyday). I have this whole long blog but then I forget it. Ahhhhhhhhh.
Ok, I'm going to post this for now but leave blogger open so I can type it out if I remember it. If not...well, at least I posted today (even if this is a really, really boring blog. :-P).
Oh wait! LOL, I just remembered part of it.
Today Mark Buehrle tried for his 20th win of the season and...didn't get it. I felt so bad for him. He had it, oh he had it. But those stupid Twins! Usually when this happens to Mark he goes back to the dugout and beats everything up but I guess even water coolers aren't good enough for what should have been #20. He just sat there dejected, disappointed. I felt so bad for him. I've never seen him look like that before! Ah well...19 wins are nothing to be ashamed of. Just go home tomorrow, have a nice winter, stay in shape, and come back next year better than ever. Which is also my advice to Paul Konerko. Now by no means did he have a bad year. He had a good year, but when it all comes down to it...he could have had a great year. Now, I didn't expect him to keep up that pace from last June but he really slowed down after the break. Was it because he was in the Home Run Derby? Was it because of people being hard on him for being a leader and all the stuff with Frank? I don't know...though I DO know that sore left foot had a lot to do with it the past month or two.


<< Home