I had a very nice day today. My dad has taken off every day so far this week so it's nice having him around, though he's been playing golf every day! But that's ok since there's school during the day anyway.
So tonight was so much fun. My mom had forgotten that she needed to pick something up before it closed (this was not why it was fun,lol) so I finished up dinner while she went to get it. Since it would be about 45 min. before she got back home she told me to go ahead and serve everybody and eat. Now...I'm getting to why it was fun--my dad was in such a good mood! LOL. That does sound weird and it implies that my dad is not normally in a good mood but you see, for the past year or so my dad and I have not had the best relationship. It all started when I became a diehard Sox fan (he doesn't like it that I dumped the Braves, aka "family team".) But that's beside the point. For the past month or so though things have been soooo much better and hopefully things will remain this way. (I'm praying that it doesn't start again on Opening Day next year,lol.) But back to tonight...so we were all sitting at the table (my dad, my sisters, and myself) eating dinner and everyone just seemed so happy. We were talking...my dad was making jokes...it was so nice. Like old times. Now that I've gotten this typed out it seems so boring but it really was so nice. I guess this is one of those things that can't really be put into words.
Ok, I need to go. I have been so rushed lately when I'm online. I have to go do other things now.


<< Home