It snowed here!! Gee whiz, this is April, not November. It's 32 degrees F and we have about...um, 3 inches of snow? That's what it looks like to me.
So I haven't been on here to blog since Friday and that was driving me crazy! I was able to get online for a little while Saturday morning, but I didn't get a chance to blog and this is my first time online since about 30 minutes on Saturday afternoon. My dad has been busy working on his movie for this year's skating teams. Every year for the past 3 (I think) years he's been making these elaborate movies. They are the coolest thing, but they cut me out of a lot of computer time,lol. I haven't talked to so many of my friends since last week since we normally talk online, rather than on the phone.
Anyway, I guess I'll start with Friday. No, the rain didn't go away. It came anyway, but the game was still played. It didn't start until around 5 pm, however. I knew they would get it in. The Sox have one of the cheapest owners in the game, no way were they going to lose that big crowd (though only about half of the crowd was actually there). It was deifinitely fun in it's own way though. Let's see...we got there at about 1:45 (I'm guessing...I forgot to look at the clock). It started raining maybe half an hour after that. Then it started pouring down rain and thundering like crazy. There was also plenty of lightening. Most of you know how much I dislike storms (I'm like the only person in the world who doesn't think they are cool :-P), but this one was. Being outside and so high up...man, it was LOUD. Everytime there was a loud crack of thunder everyone would start ooohing and ahhing. I have to say, I've decided this is my prefered method of experiencing a thunder storm. At 4:30 they made an announcement that the game would start around 5, which it did. I remember thinking that the Sox better make standing out in the rain for over 3 hours worth it, and they did. :-) They won their first game of the year, playing very nicely. They looked good out there, and they were also kind enough to play a quick game, only 2 hours and 26 minutes. OMG, it was FREEZING though. We spent a lot of time standing around in the bathrooms, the only place that had a little bit of heat. Once the game started though I didn't move from my seat except once. Overall, despite the fact that I was freezing, I had a fun experience and I fully intend on going next year as well.
Now on to Saturday...what did I do Saturday? I mostly just did chores around the house, got the majority of my homework done, and watched the Sox game. They won that day too.
Sunday: why didn't anyone tell me to change my damn clock. Not only did I completely forget about daylight savings, but my mom did too. We reminded each other about it earlier in the week and then forgot about it. This is the first time in my life I haven't remembered. Anyway, it caused us to wake up too late to attend Mass at our regular time so we had to go to 11:30 instead of 7:30. I haven't gone at that time in years. It had been a while. I definitely like 7:30 the best. It's the most traditional and what I am used too. So anyway, since we went at 11:30 we didn't get home until 1, just in time for the Sox game. They won again, sweeping the Tigers (who are really pathetic). Josh Stewart made his Major League debut and he looked really nice, only giving up two runs. Unfortunately, he didn't get the win because the Sox bats were dead until the 8th inning, when they exploded for 9 runs.
Today they were supposed to play in Cleveland in the Indians home opener, but they postponed it last night because of snow. I guess they have the same thing there that we have here. (This is crazy.) The game is rescheduled for tomorrow at 2 pm.
I started school an hour earlier today (which would be 7 am). You know, I am really liking this. I did that once last week too. I'm am very strongly considering making this a regular thing. I like being out of school earlier in the day, which could be anywhere from 12:30 to 1:25 depending on what time I take lunch at. Tell me, is that not cool? Of course, if I decide to do this I will have to be more strict about going to bed on time, but I think it would be worth it. I really am a morning person. I LOVE to get up early, but it's much easier to stay up late than get up early. Another problem is that most of my friends are NOT early birds so I end up staying up too late because of them. Well, we will see what I decide. I know in the summer I'm definitely going to make it routine to get up no later than 7 am. My mom and I plan on walking early in the morning this summer, and the mornings we don't do that I will most likely be online. I love getting on the computer that time of morning for some reason. I like it better than being on at 2 or 3 in the morning, actually.
Well...I think I've covered everything. I should really go catch up on some things before I do homework.
Later...


<< Home