6.14.2003

Ever since my grandparents moved away in 1997 they (ie, my grandfather) have begged me to come and spend a week with them (they are in North Carolina). When they moved I was only ten years old, not to mention the fact that the only time I had ever flown on an airplane was when I was 6 months old. So when I was ten years old I didn't exactly relish the idea of flying by myself. Also, when I was ten I was at that age where you start to become more aware of world events so hearing, for example, that sometimes planes crash (rare as it is, especially with the big planes) was terrifying. So the years passed with me always doing my best to brush him off whenever he brought it up. It wasn't that I didn't want to see him or my grandmother, I didn't want to 1) fly alone and 2) be so far away from my family for a whole week. I don't think they, especially my grandfather, realized that though. In fact, I don't think my dad realized that because he told my grandfather the other day that we (My sister and I) don't want to come down there! On the contrary, for the past two weeks I have been trying to figure out a way to get down there without having to fly alone for my first time! If I had been flying all my life it would be no big deal, but I really don't want my first time to be alone. It all started when I received an email from my grandma about two weeks ago. She happened to mention that my cousin was going to be spending a week with her soon, and that of course I was always welcomed to come whenever I wanted. I started thinking about that, and I realized that the reason why I didn't ever want to go was that I wasn't ready. Plain and simple, I just wasn't emotionally ready for it. I also realized that now I am. I want to go like you wouldn't believe. So both of my parents know this. They are supposed to talk about it, talk to my grandparents, figure out a way for us (because my sister will most likely be going too) to get there, and figure out when. Where this would fit in I have no idea. My grandparents will be here the weekend of the 27th. That is my super busy weekend since I'm going to all three Sox games. There is always the chance that my sister and I could go with my grandparents when they leave. Thing is, we'll have to be back my the 11th of July because I have All Star FanFest tickets. Then the 13th is my mom's birthday, the 22nd is my youngest sister's birthday, the beginning of August my sister has a huge skating competition, and somewhere in the middle of August we are supposed to go on a family vacation. So...the way I see it is that if we do this the only way it will work is if we go somewhere between June 29th and July 10th. I might want to point that out to my mom tomorrow. Anyway, I'll let you know what happens. It's starting to look like it might not matter that I haven't been able to find a job. I'm hardly going to be home! I do need to start earning some more money though. I'll see if I can't find some things to do around here that my mom will pay me for.

Later...

|