11.06.2003

Ok, I have made same minor changes to my blog. I added sections where I list the most recent movies I've seen (because I am sure you all really care) and the last five fanfics I've read (so you can re-read your favorites *g*).

I didn't work this past Monday. It was the first Monday since June 16th that I had not worked so it felt a little odd. It's so slow in the evenings that my manager is really cutting down on the hours for everyone. Sunday-Thursday there is only one person working the evening shift. Friday and Saturday only two people. In the summer it was so busy that we needed three people every night of the week, and sometimes we needed four people. I would have only had 8 hours this week, but one of my co-workers can't work on Sunday so I am taking her shift. It's the afternoon shift, which I've never worked before, so we'll see what it's like. It will probably be slow. :-/

Tomorrow is the last day of finals week! Woohoo! Tomorrow I have my history final.

Today I went with my sisters to see Brother Bear. It was pretty good, though sad in parts. I give it 3 out of 4 stars. I've only seen one bad review on it, and that was in the Chicago Tribune (better known to Sox fans as the Cubune). I honestly don't understand what's up with that paper. They gave Pirates of the Caribbean two stars (out of four)!! What's up with that? At least people don't listen to film critics...it did make over 300 million after all. *g* But as if things couldn't get anymore wacky they gave Good Boy! three stars! I'm still scratching my head on that one. Yeah, sure it was *kind of* cute. Sure, if I was 6 years old I'd probably think it was a great movie. But it really wasn't. If you are going to give that movie 3 stars, then Pirates gets 4. Ok, I will step off the soapbox now. Can you tell I have problems with film critics, especially those from the Cubune? I love movies, but people who get so snotty about what is "great film" and what isn't really drive me nuts. I'm really stopping now.

Later...

|