3.30.2004

This is so insane

I'm sick again. This is the 4th time in 6 weeks. It's a cold again, I think. Fortunately, it's not nearly as bad as the other times I was sick. I can't believe I am sick over my break though. Same thing happened to me over winter break. I used to never get sick so why am I now? The only thing I can think of is it's because of work...interacting with a lot of people, handling money, etc. I do always wash my hands before eating, but that doesn't keep me from breathing contaminated air.

This is my first time online in a week. It seems like I am always saying that these days. I am the same person who just a year ago thought it was a tragedy if I missed a day. I still feel behind and a little "out of things" when I'm not online as much, but I've learned I don't always need to be on. It's quite freeing. However, at the same time, the massive fanfic pile I now have is a bit overwhelming. ;-)

It was pretty busy at work this past weekend because the weather was beautiful. I was probably scooping more ice cream in a few hours than I did over an entire weekend in the winter. I definitely prefer it to busy than slow, but when it's so busy you don't even have time to wipe the counter off or clean tables...that's when I don't like it. So I guess I like bursts of business, but not a constant stream.

Later...

|