4.13.2004

It's been one of those days...

...where my mind has been in a very conversational mood. I'm sure many of you have eperienced this. The only problem with it today is that it is more like a one-sided monologue. My mind won't let me do any of the talking. It's starting to get quite frustrating. And the way my mind connects things...wow. I started out thinking about work and money, went through movies, music, college, books, baseball, and now...and now I'm blogging so that's kind of blocking everything else out. *g*

Currently I'm mad at myself for forgetting about today's game...the home opener of all things. Actually, I didn't really forget about it. Just a few hours ago I was thinking about it because I was recalling being at last year's (which was my first opening day and quite memorable). So I don't know why it skipped my mind...nevermind. I know why. But I'm starting to forgive myself. The Sox are winning so I'm happy for the moment.

So why did it skip my mind? Let's just say that Night Train to Memphis is just as good as Susan promised. Ah, and here I have another story. For the past couple of weeks I've been fanatical about reading and book buying. Between the library and the book store I think I've been to at least one of those every other day for the past two weeks. I dropped a few not-so-subtle hints and my mom gave me a Borders gift card as my Easter gift (we still do the whole Easter Bunny thing because my sisters are so young). I was all set to go there and buy the book mentioned above. You can imagine how upset I was to find out that it was basically the only Elizabeth Peters book Borders didn't have. Borders isn't even that close to me...I'd had to make a special trip. Since I was already there I went ahead and used the gift card. It wasn't very difficult to find other books I've been needing to buy. I was still desperate though. Barnes & Noble to the rescue. Luckily the one by me is open late (until 11 pm). I got off work at 10 and begged my mom to take me to Barnes & Noble. That shouldn't be that hard since I work in the same general shopping district that the mall is in. Unfortunately, I was thinking B&N was only open until 10 so I didn't say anything until we were half way home. My mom told me that she was pretty sure it was open until 11 and that she would not have time to take me there today. So she turned around, dropped me off, I ran inside, up the escalator, and was back in 5 minutes (maybe less). I really think I have the best mom. Another good thing was I still didn't have to pay for it myself since I have this gift card for the mall. I had been planning on saving it to buy summer clothes, but what's clothes compared to books? I was home before 10:30, fixed my snack, went to my room, and read until 1 am. Then I woke up this morning and read for another hour before school. Then I read over lunch. Then I read after school. And now I'm done. I told you I've been on this fanatical reading marathon. *g*

Let's see...Saturday I saw Ella Enchanted. I liked it, quite a bit, actually. I liked Anne Hathaway a lot more than I did in Princess Diaries. While it did seem like a mixture of many other fairy tales, ranging from Cinderella to Princess Bride, I still thought it was good. And it put me in such a good mood that I watched PB Sunday night.

Ok, I still have a number of things I need to do if I'm going to get online tonight. There are so many people I haven't talked to in a while. My goal is to be on AIM by 8 pm. As my luck will have it everyone will probably have an away message up. That's what kept happening to me last week.

Later...

|