4.02.2004

ACT

Tomorrow morning I am taking the ACT. Yesterday I took a practice test and I got a 26 so I expect that on the actual test I get something between a 24 and 27 (out of a possible 36). Yesterday I really blew it on the science test. I ran out of time. Fortunately, I got a 34 on the reading test--I only got 3 wrong on that one. So that more than made up for messing up on the science. For anyone not familar with the ACT (because I know many people are more aware of the SAT) it's four tests: English, Math, Reading, and Science. Each one of those is scored 0-36 and then the average of the four tests is your actual score. Most of the colleges I'm looking at require somewhere between 23-28 so I'm happy that I'm right in the range. I had figured I would be, based on my grades, but it's nice to be reassured. I won't be surprised or disappointed if it's a bit lower than a 26 tomorrow since it will be my first time. I am planning on taking it in June and probably September also.

Later...

|