6.28.2004

Shaking things up a bit

I was talking tonight with my friend at work who also happens to be the assistant manager there. He was telling me about how he has gotten some good job offers from people. This didn't suprise me because I'd kind of gotten that impression anyway. He said that he is going to seriously look at some of these other places, but not for a few months (because of personal reasons). This discussion got me to finally think about something I've been avoiding for several months and that is that I really need, and know I can get, a better job than what I have now. For me, I love my job mostly, but I am not making very much at all. I know I could get more, maybe even a lot more, somewhere else. And frankly, if and when E leaves I know I probably won't like my job as much as I do now. I honestly believe the reason why our store does so well is because of him and I don't think he gets paid enough for what he does there. Anyway, he's had three really good job offers from other places, two of them in management positions. I told him that once he starts seriously looking at other jobs to let me know if he finds anything good. It's been in the back of my mind all along that he would probably eventually leave and I would follow shortly after, but if we end up going to the same place that would just be awesome. I love working with/under him because he is a really good worker himself and he's not bossy because he knows I know what needs to be done. Anyway, for all I know nothing may ever end up happening with this, and if it does it definitely won't be for a while, but it's interesting and a little fun to think about.

The Sox won two out of three from the Cubs this weekend! Awesome games-I wish I could have been there as I was last year. Now they're only 1 game back of the Twins (thank you Brewers!) and they start a series with them tomorrow. After the game yesterday they announced their trade for Garcia, which I am thrilled about. I am sad to see Olivo go, but pitching is the number one concern and you have to give up something to get pitching.

Well, I want to read some tonight.

Later...

|