7.06.2004

Happy, um, Tuesday!

I keep forgetting what day it is because my dad had Friday and Monday off. So that's really throwing me off.

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I was just reading Pam's blog and I was interested to read that it didn't feel like a normal 4th of July for her either. I know our reasons are different, but the feeling is the same. For me I think the main reason why it didn't feel like Independence Day to me is because I really didn't do anything to celebrate it. Instead, I worked all afternoon and evening. It was soooo busy at work too. I've never seen it like that before (except for free ice cream night). And of course it was a big holiday crowd. There were a few regulars, but it was mostly people coming to get ice cream because they were in the mood because of the holiday. That made it even worse because most of them have no clue what they are doing. When I am out at a fast food type restaurant with my family we all figure out what we want to eat and then we order together. This cuts down on confusion for the person helping you. I know I really appreciate it when costumers do that for me, but most people don't do this. For example, a family of five comes in. The dad orders what he wants, but after you give it to him the rest of the family still isn't ready to order. Meanwhile, there is a long line of people being held up. You can't move on to the next person while that first family is looking because you don't want to forget or lose track of that one order you've already made. So everything ends up getting held up.

I finally am going to get started on painting my room today!

Later...

|