First Day of School
Today was the first day of senior year. I feel so ready for it, but at the same time I want everything to move in slow motion so I don't miss anything.
I'm having a lot of issues with my schedule at work right now. I don't mind taking less hours--it does make it easier on me with school, but what happened this week is just ridiculous. Two weeks ago I had 30 hours (nice, but too much now that school has started), last week I had 20 hours (perfect), and this week...a grand total of 8. Yep, you read that right. I don't know what happened, but I have to call my manager later this week and talk to him about it. I'm not sure that there are 20 hours there for me. But I would like 16 and at the very least 12. Eight is nothing. I really, really like working there. I don't want to leave, but 8 hours is not going to cut it. So hopefully I can get something worked out with my manager. Another thing that is bugging me is that the new guy is getting hours I feel should be mine. Hello? I've worked there for over a year now. Which brings me to another thing that has been bugging me all night. Some costumer I have never seen before thought I was new cause he'd never seen me before. Since I had never seen him before either he must come much, much earlier in the day (because I have worked in the afternoons too). What bothered me though was the fact that he just assumed I was new snce he didn't know me. It always really bothers me when people assume things about me, my friends, my family, or anything that I obviously know more about than they do (like when people make assumptions about anyone who has internet friends must be weird...wait better not invite them to a Jix chat. *g*)
Ok, enough venting. There's another costumer I could complain about, but I don't feel like it. :-P
Time for something I saw in Susan's blog. Preference is bolded
Hardback or Paperback- I love paperbacks and never, ever buy hardbacks (except for Trixie, of course). Why do I like paperbacks? 1) They cost a lot less. 2) They take up less space on my shelves, which I've now run out of room on anyway. 3) They are easier to carry around.
Highlight or Underline- Just like it better.
Lewis or Tolkien- I'm a huge LotR fan, but haven't read anything else yet. I'll be getting to that stuff and Lewis someday when I get through all these other books piling up around my room.
E.B. White or A.A. Milne- I said White because that's what I've read. I have never read Milne, though I do have two books taking up space on my over-crowded shelves.
T.S. Eliot or e.e. cummings- I have to read some T. S. Eliot for school later this year, but so far I haven't read either so I have no preference.
Stephen King or Dean Koontz- Like Susan, I "don't do horror."
Barnes & Noble or Borders- B&N! Because that's what's closest to me (10 min. away from home and across the street from where I work.) I've spent so much time in the mystery section I can tell you where to find just about any author.
Waldenbooks or B. Dalton- Wow, I really hate it when a mall only has one of those two. Susan put it perfectly when she said they depress her. Most of the time I dont even bother to go into them.
Fantasy or Science Fiction- I tied them because overall, I am not a huge fan of either one of those genres, but individually I found things I liked that belonged to each one. (Was that Honey-speak?)
Horror or Suspense- No question.
Bookmark or Dogear- I almost always use a bookmark.
Large Print or Fine Print- I really don't like large print at all.
Hemingway or Faulkner- Haven't read either one.
Fitzgerald or Steinbeck- Same answer as above.
Geoffrey Chaucer or Edmund Spenser- Neither. Never heard of Spenser. Read some Chaucer last year and hated it.
Pen or Pencil - I hate dull pencils and they get dull so quickly.
Looseleaf or Notepad- Doesn't make as big of a mess on my desk.
Alphabetize: By Author or By Title- When I had to take all my books down to paint my room it was a major pain trying to keep 300 books in order.
Shelve: By Genre/Subject or All Books Together- I've considered doing the former, but seeing as how I am out of room on my shelves I don't think it matters right now.
Dustjacket: Leave it On or Take it Off- I rarely read books with dustjackets so no preference.
Novella or Epic - You actually have to ask?
John Grisham or Scott Turrow - Haven't read either one.
J.K. Rowling or Lemony Snicket- Only one of the two I've read. Finished book 4 today. Yay! Go me. I'm starting to catch up.
John Irving or John Updike - Haven't read 'em.
Salman Rushdie or Don Delillo - See above.
Fiction or Non-fiction - Not too much non-fiction interests me. The one exception would be books about the British Empire during the Victorian era.
Historical Biography or Historical Romance- I'm a sucker for any historical fiction.
Reading Pace: A Few Pages per Sitting or Finish at Least a Chapter - I have this thing about liking to leave off at the end of a chapter, but now that school has started I'll probably be doing a lot of the former.
Short Story or Creative Non-fiction Essay- I'm not a big short story fan, except for Trixie fic, so I feel about the same on both of these choices.
Blah Blah Blah or Yada Yada Yada- Hm, neither I guess.
“It was a dark and stormy night…” or “Once upon a time…” - The second choice isn't bad either.
Books: Buy or Borrow- If I ever become addicted to buying anything it will be books.
Book Reviews or Word of Mouth- If it weren't for my Trixie friends who knows what I would be reading these days?
Ok, I am going to be so tired in the morning!
Later...


<< Home