8.07.2004

Finally!

I've been wanting to blog all week, but I never had a chance until now. So much happened this week, good and bad.

Tuesday I went to B&N on my shopping spree. I bought 6 books. It felt a little like Christmas because I had bought two DVDs earlier that day as well. Of course, I am almost completely out of cash now. :-P

Wednesday was the sad part of the week. I posted about this at Jix--my dad's cousin was killed in a helicopter crash. I found out about it at 3:30 pm. I was quite shaken by it for a while, even though I never really knew him.

Thursday I found out that my grandmother was in town. So Friday we (my mom, my sisters, and I) went downtown to see her. I had a wonderful time. First we took my two youngest sisters to the American Girl store. It was Em's (the 3 year old) first trip there so it was cute to see her face looking at everything. Then we went to lunch at the Corner Bakery. It was my first time eating there, and I enjoyed it. After that we walked around for a while. My grandma wanted to buy me something since she got my sisters things at American Girl so we went to Borders and I got 5 more books. Eleven books in four days for me! The only problem is my shelves are completely full so I don't know where I am going to put these. We went to Gap. My sister and I finished looking before my mom did so we sat on the chairs in there and discreetly played "Chicagoen or Tourist?" Some of them were quite obvious. *g* Right before we left we went by the Cheesecake Factory so my sister could get some cheesecake and then we went to Jamba Juice for my other two sisters. It was a beautiful day for walking around downtown Chicago--not too hot and not too cold either.

Then I worked last night. I am glad I really didn't get tired until it was time for me to leave anyway. Very different from last weekend! I think I'll be ok this time. I have to work again in about two hours. It's my 9 hour day and tomorrow is 8 hours.

Later...

|