Slow Afternoon
It's not unusual for me to get online in the afternoon after getting home from the gym, but I am usually rushing to read posts and that sort of thing before I have to get ready for work. That's not happening today at all! And I don't know why that is, but I like it a lot. So far I've gotten caught up on the Jix MB, read April W's new story, and wrote two emails. I still have 15 minutes before I have to start thinking about getting ready and 30 minutes before I absolutely have to get ready so I decided this would be a good time to blog!
Well, I am more used to my dog not being here. At least I can think about him without crying! My dad is driving me nuts though. He keeps saying the oddest things to me and it finally occured to me that perhaps he thinks I am depressed or might become so. Seriously, you'd think my own father would know me better than that. There's a big difference between being sad and being depressed and I have never been and am not depressed by any means. I've helped enough friends through depressing times in their lives to know I definitely don't have that. I'm too optimistic a person!
It happened again yesterday. Someone called me a shy person. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who can't tell or don't believe there is a difference between people who are shy and people who are quiet and reserved. I think if you asked most people that I know they would tell you that I am not a people person, but nothing could be further from the truth. I am totally fascinated by people and their lives: past, present, and future. I like having conversations with my friends and finding out what's going on with them and telling them what's going on with me. BUT, I am not the type of person who is going to open up to practical strangers. I cannot make casual conversation. I don't like being in a big group of people who are nothing more than friendly strangers. I have to feel like I know you really well and that you are just as interested in me as I am in you before you're going to find me having big, long conversations. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.
Later...


<< Home