Classes
Still trying to get a feel for all of my classes. It doesn't help that they all seem to be about the same thing, except for Spanish. Ideally, it should be nice that they overlap, but instead it's making it difficult for me to keep them all straight. Because, while they do overlap, each one is slightly different enough to, well, make a difference. We'll see how it goes though. Both my constitution and philosophy profs give short quizzes before each class period. I was a little nervous about that because I've never had to do that before. I did well on the first one for both, however, so I think it will be fine.
I love the location of the dorm I am in this year. Right across the street from all my classes--very nice. My biggest problem with the dorm is not the dorm itself, but the fact that, with a few exceptions, most of my closet friends are on the other side of the campus. This just means that I have to work harder to see them, and I do, but it's not the same as living with them.
Which leads me to something else I have been thinking about lately. That is, "groups" of friends. I don't really consider myself a part of any one group of people. I have hung out with multiple groups of people that contain my friends. I have been trying to analyze whether or not this is a good thing. On the one hand, I think it's a very, very good thing. If I am hanging out with more than one group it means I know A LOT more people than if I confined myself to one set of friends. However, I have discovered over the past year that there are some drawbacks. By always hanging out with a different group of people, I have found that I am not really a "regular" member of any of them. Since I am not always with one group of people, rarely do any of them seek me out when they are going to do something. Many times, I have to find out what it going on for myself. And just in case anyone is reading this and saying, "That's not true," there are exceptions. I'm not trying to say that no one ever invites me to do anything or anything like that. That definitely is not true. I am not sure if I am making myself clear or not, it's kind of hard for me to word this correctly. But just in general, I feel like I don't belong to any one group and part of me likes it and part of me regrets it. But at this point there isn't anything I would change. To try to belong solely to one group at this point would mean that I would have to severely neglect my friendships with people outside of that group and that would be more regrettable than anything else.
Later...


<< Home