5.14.2003

Have any of you ever heard Ka-Ching by Shania Twain? Here are the lyrics, copied without permission.

We live in a greedy little world--
that teaches every little boy and girl
To earn as much as they can possibly--
then turn around and
Spend it foolishly
We've created us a credit card mess
We spend the money we don't possess
Our religion is to go and blow it all
So it's shoppin' every Sunday at the mall

All we ever want is more
A lot more than we had before
So take me to the nearest store

Chorus:
Can you hear it ring
It makes you wanna sing
It's such a beautiful thing--Ka-ching!
Lots of diamond rings
The happiness it brings
You'll live like a king
With lots of money and things

When you're broke go and get a loan
Take out another mortgage on your home
Consolidate so you can afford
To go and spend some more when
you get bored

All we ever want is more
A lot more than we had before
So take me to the nearest store

Repeat Chorus

Let's swing
Dig deeper in your pocket
Oh, yeah, ha
Come on I know you've got it
Dig deeper in your wallet
Oh

All we ever want is more
A lot more than we had before
So take me to the nearest store

Repeat Chorus

Can you hear it ring
It makes you wanna sing
You'll live like a king
With lots of money and things
Ka-ching!

This song is so true. My sister and I were lol at it last night. The scary thing is there are people out there who have heard this song and don't realize that it's talking about them. People like my sister. She was agreeing with me last night on how true this song is, yet she didn't get it that she is one of those people. Sometimes my sister can be very materialistic. She always likes to make a point to my mom and I that she doesn't like to spend her money, just other people's. Mom tried to explain to her that once other people (that is, my dad) realize that she really does have her own money they will stop giving it to her. Christina likes to spend money and buy things, useless things. My mom's point is that once she is no longer able to get money from other people she will start spending her own. I don't think Christina got that. Last Saturday my mom and I went to the store to get something for my room that was on sale. Of course Christina taged along as she always tries to do when she hears someone is going to the store. When she realized Mom wasn't going to buy anything for her she took her own money...even though there wasn't even anything in particular she wanted to buy! There is the difference between my sister and me. She went to the store planning on buying something even though she had no idea what it was going to be. Me, if I am going to buy something I know what it is. If I'm planning on buying a shirt I may not know exactly which shirt it will be, but I know I am going to buy a shirt. And if I don't see a shirt then I don't buy anything. Christina, as I already said, likes to buy stuff. She has the intention of buying something even when she doesn't know what it's going to be. When she and I are adults she'll have a higher paying job than me, but I'll have more money. Trust me on this one.

Later...

|