5.07.2003

It's not nearly as warm today as it was forecasted to be. I heard 63, but it's only been in the 50's all day. 52 right now. Actually, it's rather strange. I got up early this morning so I could read before school started. (Obsessed with Denise Swanson's books. Yep, she's my new favorite author.) Anyway, the sun was shining. I didn't go outside, but it looked nice enough. An hour and a half later I had to turn on my light 'cause it was getting so dark. Then went I went outside it was much too cool for the capris I had put on. It hasn't rained, but I think it probably will later. I hear it's supposed to be 80 on Saturday, which will be nice now that I've finally bought some shorts. However, I believe thunder storms are forecasted for that day.

Anyway, did any of you hear about the hazing at Glenbrook North in, I believe it's, Northbrook, Illinois? I heard it made Fox News. Anyway, I find it just totally disgusting. Oh, FYI, Northbrook is the town next to the town where my sisters spend all their time figure skating. But back to the subject. So I was half listening to what took place and I can't figure out why the seniors get pleasure out of behaving in the way they did. These weren't just innocent pranks. What took place was violent, a bunch of people got hurt, and last I heard the police are considering arresting some people once they figure out who is in the video that they have obtained. I am such a compassionate person, I can't understand how people can take pleasure in seriously hurting other people. And I mean this not just with examples like what happened at GBN last weekend. All through history...I mean, I read in my history class about persecutions that emperors started...why? I read about the gross and disgusting things they did to be people. Put aside the fact that some thnigs are just plain wrong. I think this whole paragraph is turning into Honey-speak, but what I'm trying to comprehend is how this stuff brings pleasure. I just can't comprehend this. I don't think I've done a very good job getting my point across here.

I think that's it for today.

Later...

|