7.01.2003

Celebration time!

I have had an awesome past couple of weeks. Alomar wasn't my first choice, but here's hoping that getting back to the American League, playing on the same team as his brother and Bartolo Colon, and being in a contending situation will help him to become again the player I used to dread seeing against the Sox. Robbie has never been one of my favorite players, but I'll be rooting for him now. I just wish I wasn't going to miss his first game. I have to work tomorrow night. :-/ Oh well...it might be for the best. I missed last night's game because of work and look what happened. :-) A 10-3 win over the Twins. I can't stand that team. Ugh.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is just the first of many moves by the Sox in the next few weeks. Centerfield is still a very big need that needs to be addressed. I am thrilled that the Sox appear to be buyers rather than sellers. I was so afraid it would be another damn re-building process. I am sick and tired of always hearing about next year. I could care less about "next year." I want to know about THIS year for a change. Some people don't like it that the Sox gave up Royce Ring, their number one pick a year ago. First above all, you don't waste your number one pick on a relief pitcher. But back to my point, you have to give up talent to get talent. As I already said, I am sick and tired of hearing about the future. I want to do something NOW. If that means giving up a good prospect or two then go for it because that is exactly what they are: PROSPECTS. You give up somebody who might not even pan out for (hopefully) a proven player who you know can help you NOW.

Later...

|