4.18.2004

It's been a crazy, fun weekend.

I am so tired right now, but not tired enough to pass up a chance to get online. Tonight I got my work schedule for this week: 25 hours. That's my most ever. I do have two days off, but I'm going to be traveling those days because I am going to another college open house and it's a bit farther than the one I went to yesterday (more about that later). So I am going the night before and staying overnight. The strange thing is I hadn't even requested those days off because I haven't been working weekdays so I didn't think there would be any need. If my manager had put me down for those two days I am pretty sure it wouldn't have been a big deal to change the schedule around, but I am glad that it worked out this way so I don't have to inconvenience anyone.

So as I posted at Jix, I got a 27 on the ACT. I found that out Friday. That was quite exciting. I wasn't expecting to do that well my first time, though I thought I might get that eventually. Really, I don't have to take it again but I have decided to still take the June one. I am not, however, going to take it in September. It will be nice not to have to worry about that senior year. I'll be able to focus on other stuff.

Am I really weird for liking to take these types of tests? I guess I have just been able to figure out what works for me. I always hear about people dreading them, but I think they're fun! I'm really weird. I already have a good score. Why am I going to take the ACT again? Why am I taking the SAT II: Writing Skills test in two weeks when none of the colleges I am looking at require it? It seems silly, but I guess I just want to see what score I'll get. My projected score is *really* high so I kind of want to see if it's true....

On to Saturday... I woke up around 5:15 am and left around 6:20 am for Madison, Wisconsin. I went to the open house at Edgewood College, which started at 9. It was a fun day. The dorms there are really nice, especially the new one that has suites. Those rooms (the suites) were really big. I was surprised how big they are. They do have 3 people to a suite, but even then they still seemed roomy.

We were supposed to leave between 1:30 and 2, but my mom forgot and left the car lights on. This is something she has never done before. So she had to call AAA. It took them about an hour to come so there we were just sitting in the parking lot in this hot weather with me wondering if I'd get to work on time. As it was I just barely made it. I clocked in at 5:59 and was supposed to start at 6. All's well that ends well. *g*

Now today...*G* was really fun. Finally I can say "I've met Trixie friends!" Julie, Susan, and I met this afternoon. We chatted for several hours and then had dinner and chatted some more. They are both two of the nicest people I've ever met and I am really glad we were all able to do this today. Unfortunately, Julie and I both forgot our cameras, but Susan had hers! I hope the pictures turn out. What else to say? I think that's pretty much it. It was just lots of fun and I am looking forward to the next time I get to meet Trixie friends. Now I'm really depressed I won't be going to Trixie camp.

Wow, I am so tired. My work schedule for this week is so not going to help, unless we're taking about my bank account. It's definitely going to help there. I'm going to have more hours this one week than I had on my last paycheck. It's not going to help my lack of sleep though.

Later...

|