Various Things Stolen From Susan's Blog
The Thursday Threesome brought to us by The Back Porch:
Onesome: School-- Since the school year seems to be over (your mileage may vary: some of you are already in summer sessions!): what was your favorite year in school? Yeah, the one you had the best time in or learned something special or had that learning breakthrough?
Well, I'm hoping my best year is still to come, but so far sophomore year of high school was the best. I wasn't a freshman, but at the same time there were none of the worries of being a junior or senior. That was also the year that I had Roman history and I was set me on the path of wanting to be a history major.
Twosome: Bus-- Hey, how did you get to school in the early years? Walk? Bike? Mommy van? Bus? ...and for those still attending, how are you getting to and fro these days?
I've always been homeschooled so I walked...down the stairs. *g*
Threesome: Stop-- ...and when did you stop going to school? ...or did you? Are you still at it? Any plans to go back for those who are out of the system?
Still at it, obviously. I have one more year of high school. Then collage, and I think I want to go to graduate school too.
Not sure who made this, but Susan got it from Mark's blog:
1. Do you watch daytime talk TV? If so, which shows do you watch? Do you prefer the calm shows like Oprah or the wilder side like Jerry Springer?
Nope, I never watch it. I cannot stand it.
2. Which daytime talk TV show would you like to be on? What would the topic be?
Um, I wouldn't want to be on one.
3. Is there a daytime talk TV show you miss that's no longer on the air? Is there someone you'd like to see get a daytime talk TV show?
No and no. I am so not interested in the world of daytime talk that I don't even know who might have been on who is no longer on. (Did that sentence make any sense?)
~Bonus~ Before talk TV took over game shows ruled the airways during the day, which do you prefer? Or are you a soap opera fan?
The only game show I like is Jeopardy. I especially like it when they have movie related questions. I'll never forget one time they had this movie catagory-I can't remember the exact theme-but three of the questions were about three of my favorite movies: LOTR, Pirates, and X2. Then there was another time when a whole catagory was devoted to Johnny Depp. *g*
The Tuesday Two by Mary and stolen from Susan:
1. Politics…do they bore you to death? Intrigue you? How does politics affect, or not, your world?
I've been aware of politics for as long as I can remember. When I was little my mom used to help with campaigns. My maternal grandmother follows politics the way I follow the Sox. That said, I am not interested in it the same way either of them are. I think if I didn't have many of the other interests I have it would be easy for me to get caught up in it, but the truth is there are other things I find more interesting. However, there are a few issues I feel really strongly about so I do try to stay somewhat current with what's going on, and of course once I can vote I will do my best never to miss an oppurtunity to exercise that right.
2. Who was the first president you really remember?
I remember being told that Reagan was president when I was born, but the first president that I remember, sadly, was Clinton. This probably makes me look so young to some, ok most, of you!
Later...


<< Home