Fact of Life
At least one of the facts of my life is that whenever I feel like doing a really emotional post in this blog something happens to keep it from getting posted. Usually what happens is my computer will freeze up or shut down, but yesterday something totally new happened: the power went out. What made it even more exasperating was that it didn't even go out for a while. It came on not even two minutes after going out. So now you know why most of the posts in this blog consist of pretty trivial things. Whenever I start to do a deeper, more emotional post something happens to stop it. But once I've been interupted and lost the post I no longer have the energy to try to re-create it. And by that time it's pretty pointless anyway, since I "got it out" even though no one else got to read it.
Tomorrow I have to drop my photos off at the fair. I'm entering ten this year. I like several of them, but I don't feel they are overall as strong as my entries last year. Last year was by far my best year ever, even better than the year I was youth champion. Last year I placed on 7 out of 8 photos I entered and I took first place on four of them. It was just an amazing experience for me. I say this was more exciting then winning youth champion and best of show three years ago because, while that was more flashy and showy, last year's results were more consistent and overall good. By placing on all but one photo last year I showed myself that it wasn't just a fluke. I must have some kind of talent with photography.
So I have to leave early to drop those off so I can be home by ten. My grandmother (the one I visit in N.C. last month) is here this weekend so she's coming over tomorrow. Plus my uncle and his family are coming again. They were just here last weekend too so it will be a nice treat. This uncle is my dad's brother and definitely my favorite of my uncles and probably my favorite person in my extended family. He has always been a wonderful uncle for me. When I was little I just thought I liked him because he always gave the coolest gifts (still does, btw *g*), but now that I am older I can really appreciate how lucky I was/am. My other three uncles are on my mom's side and let's just say my opinion of them isn't very high. Actually, one of them has finally gotten his life straightened out so I actually kind of like him now (and his new wife), but the other two.... One of them I've never even met (unless you count the time I was about 4 years old, which I totally don't remember) and the other I see every couple of years. There's just something about this uncle that bugs me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's just a personality clash or something. My mom is the only person who knows I don't like him. I can't figure him out and, I suspect if anywhere were ever to ask him, he's say the same about me. It's not that I hate him or anything. I just get the feeling that our sense of humor and way of thinking about things is totally different. But back to my favorite uncle! He used to babysit me when I was little and he was only a few years older than I am now. He's always lived nearby so I grew up seeing him once a week. Now he lives a little farther away and has his own family so it's not as often. I simply adore his wife. The age difference between us is quite small when you consider that there are as many years between us as this is between me and my youngest sister. Sometime I almost feel more like an aunt to thier kids than a cousin. It's cool though, and they are simply adorable! It will be fun to see them again tomorrow. I should go now though.
Later...


<< Home