7.09.2004

It's Friday!

I like Friday more in the winter because in the summer almost every day is like Friday, but today I like it because that means I'm going to the Sox game! Hopefully they win. Garland is starting and his era is higher at home than on the road, but hopefully he does ok. I'm also crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain! The report I read said thunderstorms tonight.

I went to the mall Wednesday. I spent a good portion of the time in B&N. Besides buying three books, I spent the longest time looking over the mystery collection almost book by book. I took a look at a few authors that Trixie friends have recommended and also discovered a few others that look interesting. My to-read list is two pages now, and considering that some of these authors have a lot of books I think I have enough to keep me busy for the next couple of years! And that's not counting anything else I discover or want to read/re-read along the way. I'm supposed to be re-reading L. M. Montgomery's books this summer (it's my tradition to do that every two years), but I honestly don't know where that's going to fit in. I'm also supposed to read Harry Potter before July 23rd because for the reading club at my library this year we have to read a banned or challenged book and Harry Potter seemed like the quickest thing. But I already have 5 books going and I'm not starting more than that.

I've been painting my room a little bit each day. Today I'm not going to be able to do any because I have to leave early to go downtown. I'll have to hang out at my dad's office for a couple of hours before we go over to the ballpark. My room is really coming together though. I'm really happy with the colors I picked out. Once it's all finished I'll have to scan in my before and after pics and post them at Jix. :-)

Later...

|