Weekend Recap
On the way to my dad's office Friday we drove through the city. There were a lot of people out and it was easy to tell that most of them were tourists. It was fun to laugh at them for a few minutes. *g* You could tell they were tourists because 1) they were all walking rather slow and 2) they were all wearing shorts even though Friday was a cooler day with predicted thunderstorms.
My dad and I ended up arriving at the park about an hour later than we wanted. We left late because he got stuck on the phone. We still got there in plenty of time to get our nesting dolls. That has got to be one of the best promotional giveaways I've ever gotten. Much better than the foam Spidey hand I got last month. :-P
The game itself was tons of fun. The Sox won by a nice score, Carlos Lee homered twice, Magglio made his return with a couple of hits, and Garland looked like he might finally be getting it together. I had such a great time I wanted to go again Saturday, but I had to work. Just as well, since it ended up being a sellout and I may not have gotten in anyway.
Saturday afternoon before I went to work I saw Two Brothers with my sisters. I thought it was a very good film, though not the kind of I would ever really watch again. Still, I am glad I went because I did enjoy it. I rated it 7/10 at imdb.com.
Saturday I worked all afternoon and evening. I was sooooo tired when I got home a little after 11 pm. The worst part was I burned myself twice so that was what made me feel really awful. The first burn was no big deal. I hit a part of my finger on the toaster. This is something I do a couple of times a month and it's so small that it doesn't even really hurt. The second burn was the one that hurt. I accidently bumped into the muffin pan that had just come out of the oven. I hit my right elbow on it. It was so busy at the time that I was able to tolerate the pain for quite some time, but once things slowed down I realized how painful it was. It wasn't long after that I got to go home though and take care of it so now it's perfectly fine.
My hours this week are way down and I only have three days because I took tomorrow off for my mom's birthday. I know one of my co-workers isn't too happy about this because Tuesday is delivery day and he counts on me to take care of a lot of stuff so he can work with the delivery guy. But tomorrow is her actual birthday so I kind of wanted to do it then, plus the only other option would have been for me to take yesterday off and I think that would have been far worse since we already have about 3 people who insist on having Sunday off. So that would have meant some people working over 12 hours, which isn't fair to them. They have lives too.
Today has been a really lazy day for me. I spent time online catching up at Jix and WSI, but I'm still hopelessly behind in fanfic and blogs.
Later...


<< Home