9.25.2004

I Highly Recommend Getting More Than 4 Hours of Sleep

Last night I had one of those nights where I could not get my brain to shut down. It was composing everything from emails to blog posts to posts on the MB. So I got home from work at about 11:15. By the time I had taken my dog out and prepared for bed it was after 11:30. I decided to read until midnight. I never started though because I started thinking about my fanfic and decided to go through my notebooks. At few minutes after midnight I turned out my light. This was when the trouble started. At 1 am I decided to turn on my light and read for a few minutes. At that time of night, reading for even just 5-10 minutes has been know to tire me out enough to be able to fall asleep. Didn't work this time--next thing I knew it was 2 am and I was still wide awake. By this time I was starting to panic. I had to be up at 7 am! So I turned out my light. Still couldn't fall asleep. Now my mind was thinking about my family, extended included. I think I finally fell asleep a few minutes before 3. My mom said I looked horrible this morning. I felt worse.

This has happened to me on occasion before. It's defintely not regular, thank goodness. Last night was the worst ever though. I've taken an hour and a half before, but never three hours. I don't mind staying up that late if it's a Friday night and I'm reading (or online as I am now), but it was a Thursday and I couldn't get my brain to shut up. It was being way to loud. *sigh*

Later...

|