12.31.2004

2004--The Year in Review

I decided to do my year in review tonight in case I forget or don't have time tomorrow.

Like 2003, 2004 was a very good year for me, but in many ways it was better.

In my mind I always refer to 2004 as the Year of the Book because for the first time since I was about 12 I started reading A LOT. This is not to say that I didn't read any over the past few years, but not like I have this year. This year I read several authors for the first time, including Elizabeth Peters, Robin Paige (aka Susan Wittig Albert & Bill Albert), Anne Perry, and J. K. Rowling. I fell in love with all them and their various universes and luckily they all have new books coming out in 2005.

Not unlike 2003, this year was a big movie-going year for me. I went to at least one movie a month, except for February. My favorite 2004 release? Right now I would have to say Finding Nerverland, though there are a couple of 2004 releases I've yet to see that I would like to see. Other 20o4 favorites include Spider-man 2, Shrek 2, 13 Going on 30, Hidalgo, and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

This year was also the first time since the beginning of Star Trek Voyager that I watched a current tv show on a regular basis. I am hooked on Lost. I haven't missed an episode of that or Veronica Mars.

A very exciting event for me in 2004 was meeting Trixie friends in person for the first time. I have now met 5 Trixie friends: Susan S., Julie, Susan B., Steph H., and the other Chicago Steph.

On the work front, I finally got a raise last month. I am happy with my job and I've enjoyed the past year there. I've been working there for a year and a half now. I enjoy my job and I feel appreciated beause I know my co-workers, manager, and the owner know I am a hard worker.

School-wise, in 2004 I survived my junior year, got a high score on the ACT, was accepted into my top choice of colleges, and am now half way through my senior year. Some days I would like it to be over soon, but most days I would like it to last as long as possible. I look forward to college. I think I will have a lot of fun in and out of class, but I will desperately miss my family and my friends at work.

I think that basically sums up all the most important parts of my life in 2004.

Later...

|