12.13.2004

It's That Time of Year...

I am hopelessly behind in my Christmas shopping and I don't know when I will have time to do more. I'm hoping I can fit something in tomorrow, but I am not sure. I already have so many other things I have to do tomorrow. I have to go to Best Buy to buy RotK Extended, to the bank to get a check to pay my parents back for this computer, and I really want to go to the gym tomorrow since I'm not going today. Anyway, Christmas shopping...of gifts I have to mail I am only done with two people. I am finished with two of my sisters, but I still need something for Em. I have nothing for my parents, nothing for my grandparents, and there are several friends I still need to buy for. And I haven't even had time to think about sending out Christmas cards. (Apparently none of my friends have either *hint* ;-) )

So last night was my last night working with R, though I'll see him tonight and Friday (he's supposed to come then because I have some stuff (pictures, etc) to give him before he leaves). Today is my last day working with RH. Yep, she decided to quit too. She is pregnant so she decided to quit working, for now anyway. So starting Thursday I am going to be the most experienced person working in the evening. I don't really like it, but what can you do. Hopefully the new people catch on soon. I don't know what they are going to do Saturday because I have that day off. Two new people working on a busy Saturday night alone? Sounds like disaster, but my mom and I have had plans for Saturday for months so there is no way I am working then.

It's just a really strange feeling for me because for a long time I was the new person. And then I wasn't new anymore, but there really weren't any other new people so we had all worked there for a while and all knew what needed to be done. Now I have to remember so many things that I was used to R and RH taking care of and I have to instruct the new people how to do everything. Oh well, I guess my raise came at the perfect time. It's not that I haven't seen people come and go since I started working there. There have been several, but both of the people leaving now have worked there for a long time. R has worked there slightly longer than I have and RH has been there for close to three years, maybe longer. I am not sure, but it's been a while. So they were regulars, and also the people I worked with the most.

Well, enough about work. I am slowly catching up on fanfic. I haven't made much of a dent yet though. Every night when I get home I have been trying to read a fic or two. I have read some very good ones, but there are still so many!

Later...

|