Not Overrated At All
I LOVED the Italian Village. I really think it is my favorite restaurant now. I had the manicotti. It was so soft it practically melted in my mouth. And the tomato sauce was just the way I like it. I want to go back!
Before going to lunch we met my grandmother at Fields to see the decorated windows. It's been years since I did that so that was kind of fun in a reminiscent way.
After lunch we walked around, went into a few stores, bought a couple of things, but really not too much. We ended up being there for a long time. I'm not sure what we did the whole time...it passed quickly!
Things at work have returned pretty much to normal. I finally got a raise! It's about time. So that is good. I am a bit sad though because my friend is going home to Mexico in a week. He's been at DD/BR slightly longer than me so I've almost always worked with him. I am happy for him because he needs to see his kids, but it will be really strange without him there all the time. Fortunately, the guy replacing him is his brother, who I already knew a bit. So I'm glad I don't have to worry about working with a complete stranger. I have heard a lot of bad things about the people who worked the night shift before R was there. Apparently he's the best we've ever had so hopefully his brother lives up to his fine example.
Later...


<< Home