12.22.2004

This and That

I should be sleeping now, but I realized I hadn't blogged in a while.

So what is new...I've made some progress in my Christmas shopping. The only gift I still have to get before Christmas is my mom's. I have a few presents for friends I need to get, but I am not going to be seeing them until after Christmas, so I do not need to rush with those.

Oh gosh, it was so busy at work tonight. I haven't been that busy in months!! I think it was people coming over from the movie theater. At 10 pm we had a line almost out the door. I was supposed to leave at 10, but I, along with the other girl who was supposed to leave at the same time, stuck around until 11. It was so busy, plus it was delivery night so things were pretty crazy. Amazingly enough, I think everything was cleaned and stocked when I left. I don't know how we got so much done in such a short amount of time.

So anyway, the girl I was working with tonight is new. This is her first full week and I am very impressed with her. She is so much better than the other new person we have. This other guy just stands around waiting for us to tell him to do something and as soon as his shift ends he's out of there. You feel like all night he's watching the clock. On the other hand, C is taking the initiative and working on things without having to be told. She is still learning, but she's come a long way in just a couple of days. I like her a lot. Oh, and she's definitely not watching the clock. Like I said above, she stayed late tonight with me. She actually left after me.

Later...

|