4.16.2003

I haven't blogged in so long!

Okay, a lot of you, if you watch any news station, have probably heard about what happened at the home of my favorite team last night. (I won't post a link because those "drillrods" have already had their ten minutes of fame.) Anyway, what happened was utterly ridiculous and embaressing for Sox fans, and for the city of Chicago. I, and I have a feeling I wasn't alone in this, was very afraid last night that this would just enhance the perception that the South Side is dangerous, and also that the media would use this against Sox fans, saying that that those drillrods were Sox fans. I was very pleased today that the majority of people have acknowledged that those four drillrods were absolutely not real fans. Laz Diaz, the umpire that was attacked, was very nice about the whole thing, saying that he knows that those four did not represent all Sox fans and that Sox fans are good baseball fans. Mayor Daley, often referred to as "Chicago's biggest Sox fan," also said that there is no way those people are Sox fans. A side note in all of this, if you look closely at the video you'll notice that the person who attacked Diaz was wearing a Cubs hat. Now, I'm not trying to make this a Sox vs. Cubs thing because, as many people keep repeating, this is a society issue, but facts is facts.

Can someone tell Doug Mientkiewicz or however the hell you spell his name to mind his own business. This is the second year that they have continually mentioned the Sox trash talking (and the primary people in that aren't even on the team anymore). Well, what do they call what they have been doing? This is his more recent comment: "I think they should take the All-Star game away from them, honestly. You can't be having first-base coaches and umpires getting attacked. That's ridiculous." I like what Kenny Williams, our GM, said. He said something to the effect that Doug what's-his-name isn't even going to be at the All Star Game so shut the **** up and worry about your team. HaHa. I don't even like KW that much, but I liked him then. That was great.

Well, hm. I really want to vent more about this, but I can't right now. Maybe later if I'm still in the mood.

Go Sox! Beat the Royals, puh-leeze.

Later...

* I think it has been confirmed that all four were Cubs fans, just in case you cared...lol. ;-)

|