4.29.2004

Free Ice Cream

Sorry, not anymore. :-P

Tonight at work was Free Ice Cream Scoop Night. We were swamped, as is to be expected. We had 7 people working though (twice as many as we have on a busy night in the summer) so that made it rather fun. No doubt I built up some muscle as well. I think the night was a success. I also had a nice surprise. A friend of mine whom I haven't talked to in 2 years and not seen in even longer was there. It really made me happy that she 1) reconized me; 2) remembered my name; and 3) remembered a couple of personal facts about me. It's not often that I meet someone who remembers things in as much detail as I do. For example, I still remember IM conversations I had two years ago.

Yesterday I went to the Sox game. The pitching was horrible; they lost in extra innings. It was freezing too--about 20 degrees cooler than it's been today. Figures. But at least I got to a game this month so my goal of attending at least a game a month is still possible. I was looking at the schedule trying to figure out when I'll be able to go in May. There are 5 possible dates. Now I have to find out my dad's schedule. (He and I go to the games together.)

My visits to two more colleges last week were quite fun. I don't feel like blogging about them now though.

I think my second wind is finally starting to leave.

Later...

|