Concert Review and Memories
It's Tuesday. I guess that means it's update time for me.
The concert Saturday night was so awesome! If you are a LotR fan and they do a symphony concert near you, you HAVE to go. You won't regret it.
The Q&A session before the concert was interesting. There were a few questions asked that were on the lame side, but some people did come up with interesting/different ones. Of course my favorite part was actually seeing Howard Shore because he is the first person I have seen in person that worked on those movies.
Mr. Shore did not conduct, but since I knew that well in advance I had plenty of time to be disappointed before I got there. Some German guy (sorry, I can't remember his name and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get the program) conducted and he did an amazing job.
They played so many of my favorite pieces. It was really neat to hear some of the songs in person--to hear and see all the different instruments used in different parts.
My personality is such that I rarely cry during music, movies, books, etc, but I did get choked up at a couple of parts so that's saying something.
Sissel sang "Into the West" at the end of the concert and she did a beautiful job bringing out the emotion of the song. She also sang "Gollum's Song," which has never been one of my favorites. However, now I am starting to like it.
I think that's about it for the concert.
Sunday we had a meeting at work. It's the first one they've had since I've been working there, and my understanding is that it's been even longer than that. My manager has been working there for over three years and he told me this is the first one we've had since before he started working there. I know I am weird--I actually enjoyed the meeting. There was one thing I felt should have been in there that was left out, but everything else I thought was fine. I have a feeling most of my co-workers thought it was a waste of time and two told me so. Oh well. I'm just really happy about the bonuses! Our profits apparently went way up over the summer so we're all getting bonuses with our next paycheck. I don't know how much it will be, but I was impressed that we're getting them at all.
Later...


<< Home