1.26.2004

Cousins...

Today was quite a fun day. I went to Chicago to meet my new cousin. He is so adorable! He's two weeks old today. He looks a lot like his brother (who will be 2 years old next month). I am glad that my little sister has cousins close to her age. I have always been jealous of people with a cousin or cousins close to the same age. I have one friend who is very close to her cousin that is a year older. They are practically best friends, and I've always thought that was really cool. My problem is that not only am I the oldest in my family, but I'm also the oldest grandchild. I have a sister two years younger than me, a cousin four years younger than me, a cousin six years younger, a sister eight years younger, a cousin eleven years younger, a sister fourteen years younger, a cousin fifteen years younger, and a cousin seventeen years younger. I guess I get to be that mysterious grown-up cousin that's at some place called "college." *g* I have no idea what that would be like because for me the only people around that were older than me were adults. However, just about all the other kids in my family (except my sister that's two years younger) is going to grow up with all these older "kids". I do have two cousins on my mom's side that are older than me, but they don't, and have never, lived here so I've never known them very well.

I shouldn't be up this late, but I was watching the Globes with my sister. When I saw that my dad was *finally* off the computer I couldn't resist getting online.

I am so glad that LOTR and especially Peter Jackson finally have been recognized for all the great work. Hopefully it carries over into the Oscars.

Later...

|